Tuesday, September 01, 2026

2026 Hugo Award Winners

The winners of the 2026 Hugo Awards for the best science fiction and fantasy of 2025 were announced at LA Con V, the World Science Fiction Convention on the weekend. These were the winners of the fiction awards.

  • BEST NOVEL: The Everlasting by Alix E. Harrow 
  • BEST NOVELLA: The River Has Roots by Amal El-Mohtar
  • BEST NOVELETTE: “Never Eaten Vegetables” by H.H. Pak 
  • BEST SHORT STORY: “In My Country” by Thomas Ha 

  • I was pleased to see that The Everlasting won for Best Novel. I read and enjoyed it, somewhat to my surprise. I did try to read The River Has Roots and gave up after about 20 pages; I may give it another shot. BTW, the author is Canadian. To (I am sure) no one's surprise, John Scalzi won the Hugo for Best Series. 

    No comments: