Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Guide to 2020's Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Superhero TV

It's often been said that we are living in the golden age of television, and that's especially true for science fiction, fantasy, and superhero shows. i09 has just published an extensive guide to shows coming out this year. As well as new shows, it includes seasons of returning shows.

These are a few of the shows that I'll be watching or look like they might be worthwhile.

  • Doctor Who (season 12): BBC America. I've seen the first three episodes of this, and I'm reserving judgement. I didn't much care for the last season, but this season looks like it might be better.
  • Star Trek: Picard: January 23, CBS All Access. Hopefully it will be better than Star Trek: Discovery, which I did not like at all. 
  • Locke & Key: February 7, Netflix. Based on a graphic novel written by Joe Hill, so there is some hope it will be good.
  • War of the Worlds: February 16, Epix. Stars Gabriel Byrne.
  • Hunters: February 21, Amazon Prime. I'm not sure it's genre, but it stars Al Pacino.
  • The Boys (season two): Amazon Prime. I am not a fan of superhero shows, but I enjoyed the first season of this.
  • Lovecraft Country: HBO. Based on a novel by Matt Ruff.
There's much more, but that's all I have time for.




No comments: