Friday, April 05, 2019

Impressionism in the Age of Industry

I viewed the Impressionism in the Age of Industry Exhibit yesterday at the Art Gallery of Ontario and very much enjoyed it.  I was impressed by the way the historical material, especially the photography, was integrated with the art work (including the use of film and one very impressive augmented reality installation).


The other thing I want to mention was using white text on a dark background throughout much of the exhibit and providing enough lighting to read the text. This was one of the few exhibits I've seen where I could easily read most of the text in the exhibit.

You can find out more about the exhibit by viewing the curator's talk from this page. It's at the AGO until May 5th and I highly recommend it.

No comments: