Saturday, March 02, 2024

Saturday Sounds - Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - Palmanova 2023

This just popped up in my YouTube feed yesterday and I'm very glad it did. I still haven't forgiven myself for missing Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets when they played Toronto a few years ago. Mason has been touring steadily, mostly in England and Europe, playing early Pink Floyd music. I was fortunate to see Pink Floyd in Detroit; their 1972 concert was the last one of my university days and was sonically spectacular, intense, and memorable. Floyd went on to huge commercial success, but with a few exceptions they lost the psychedelic edge that their early music had. 

This concert is from Palmanova, Italy on July 20, 2023. Video is 4K and probably fan shot. I'm not sure about the audio. It's very clean and may be a soundboard/audience matrix. It's two hours of psychedelic joy and I love it. 



No comments: