Tuesday, March 26, 2024

BetaKit's Interview with Cory Doctorow

My nephew, Douglas Soltys, is the founder and editor-and-chief at BetaKit, the leading site for Canadian tech news. He's just interviewed Cory Doctorow and the interview is now live on BetaKit's site. 

Before the interview, Doug asked me if I had any questions he could ask Cory. Of course I did. I wanted to know if he saw any relationship between his concept of enshittification and Jerry Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy. He asked Cory that, and Cory's answer takes up a good chunk of the podcast. Doug did mention my name, and Cory remembered me from back when he was living in Toronto and working at Bakka, much to my surprise. 

It's a good podcast with some real insights into tech and the state of the internet and social media. Give it a listen.  

No comments: