Saturday, October 24, 2020

Core Dump Is 17

Today is Core Dump's 17th birthday; my first blog post was October 24th, 2003. 

This blog has been through a few iterations. I started out on Blogger. In 2010, I switched over to WordPress hosted on my own site. I took a hiatus of about a year starting in 2017 because I was having problems with the site and didn't have the time to resolve them. In 2018, after being laid off from the TMX Group, I set up the third iteration back on Blogger.

I do this mainly for my own satisfaction. I like writing and sharing things that interest me, and it's nice to know that there are a few people out there who read it and share my interests. It's also a time capsule of 17 years of my life and occasionally a handy reference. 

I am not terribly happy with Blogger as a platform. I started using it for Core Dump 3.0 because it was easy to set up, and I didn't want to go through the process of setting up a new WordPress installation on my own site. However, in the last couple of years, I've found it limiting, and I'm considering moving it onto WordPress.com. 

It's likely that I will also retire www.soltys.ca, although I will keep the domain.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: