Saturday, May 11, 2019

Unbuilt Cities: What Might Have Been

I've always liked alternate history stories.  Modern digital technology has made it possible to create realistic views of what might have been, and The Guardian has created some of the best that I've seen.

The Guardian has a series of articles called Unbuilt Cities. I was impressed by two that use a clickable overlay on the pictures: click on the left and you get the original or current view, click on the right and you see the alternate rendering. It works extremely well.

Have a look at Trafalgar pyramid? A look at an alternative London and A totem in Times Square: New York as it might have looked – in pictures. (I would link to one of the images but it doesn't seem possible to create a direct link).

The rest of the articles on the Unbuilt Cities page are also fascinating and worth a look, but the two I've linked to are outstanding.

No comments: