Friday, February 15, 2019

A FrameMaker Resource I Should Have Used

I used Adobe FrameMaker as much as possible at TMX, especially for long or complex documents that I owned and didn't have to share their content with developers or analysts. I automated some of my work with FrameScript and later ExtendScript, and used add-ins from various sources. And I got a lot of good advice from Adobe's FrameMaker forums and the Framers mailing list.

I'd have been more productive if I'd looked at the FrameUsers.com web site. I used it many years ago, but it had gone stale. I didn't know that it had been revived and updated.

If you use FrameMaker, it's definitely as site you'll want to look at. There are lists of tools and a techniques page with some advanced tips. I found a large collection of free ExtendScripts that would have been useful.


No comments: