Thursday, November 25, 2021

Accessible Payment Terminals

Being visually impaired, I sometimes have trouble using payment terminals. Some of the new models are OK, but older ones with low-contrast LCD screens are very difficult for me to read.

Moneris has introduced a new line of Moneris Core terminals with accessibility features designed to make it easier for people like me to use them. Users can touch the accessibility icon (a circled A) or the 5 key to turn on the features, which include a high-contrast screen and voice prompts. 

Here's a short YouTube video explaining how to use the accessibility features. 


I'm very glad to see that at least one terminal vendor is thinking about accessibility and I hope to see more include these features if they haven't already. 


 

No comments: