Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Accessibility Improvements In Windows 10 Build 1903

Microsoft is making some significant improvements to the accessibility features in Windows 10, Build 1903 which is rolling out to users now.

From my point of view, the biggest improvement is with the mouse cursor. As well as being able to change size, you will be able to have a coloured pointer. I generally use dark mode as much as possible, and being able to have a bright yellow cursor would be good. 

What I would really like is to have a guide circle around the pointer in a light contrasting colour. I use an application called CursorAttention to do this, bu it has issues with keeping the circle and the pointer in sync with some applications.

They've also made improvements to the Magnifier and Narrator applications. 

These are all good reasons to look forward to the new build. And I'm glad to see Microsoft paying attention to accessibility. 

No comments: