Monday, March 04, 2019

The Horses of the Sea

I've known folksinger Doug McArthur since the 1970s, when he was performing at the Knight II coffee house and other Hamilton area venues. He's still performing occasionally and recording. His latest project is The Horses of the Sea, a collection of Irish-themed songs.
I am not Irish.
 Over the last few years I have become enchanted with this magnificent island. I have been taking bicycle tours along the Wild Atlantic Way and sleeping in Dublin with side trips to Dingle, Westport, Leenaune, Newgrange, Wicklow, and, always, Galway City.
I thought other stolen children might be interested in what I have found.
 “Though I am old with wandering”,
I find I can still learn a thing or two…
He's very generously decided to make it free to listen to on his website. While you're listening, check out his slideshow of photos from Ireland (he's an accomplished photographer), then support him by buying one of his CDs. You won't regret it.



No comments: