Tuesday, January 03, 2023

What I Read in 2022

As has been the case in recent years, most of my reading has been newspapers and magazines. I subscribe to the New York Times and the Toronto Star and regularly read about a dozen magazines through the Toronto Public Library and the Libby and Pressreader apps on my aging Samsung tablet. I also use the tablet for graphic novels, though I didn't read any last year. (I just bought the Neil Gaiman Dark Horse Collection from Humble Bundle which will keep me busy for a while). 

For books, I mostly use my Kindle now. I have found that using the Atkinson Hyperledgible font makes it much easier for me to read; my reading speed is about double when I'm reading using that font. 

These are the books I managed to read in 2022.

  • Perseopolis Rising, James S. A. Corey
  • Tiamat's Wrath, James S. A. Corey
  • Leviathan Falls, James S. A. Corey
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction: 34th Edition, Gardner Dozois (ed)
  • The Next Civil War, Stephen Marche
  • The Best Science Fiction and Fantasy of the Year: Volume Eleven, Jonathan Strahan (ed)
  • Dark State, Charles Stross
  • Invisible Sun, Charles Stross
  • The Genesis Machine, Amy Webb and Andres Hassel
  • Shadow Captain, Alastair Reynolds
  • A Memory Called Empire, Arkady Martine



No comments: