Friday, September 11, 2020

The Notion Note-Taking App

For some time, I used an app called TreePad+ as a note-taking app. Unfortunately, it's no longer being maintained or updated, and while the copy that I have installed on my PC still works, it's not cloud-based, which limits its usefulness. As a replacement, I've been using Evernote a bit as well as Google Keep, but neither have the usefulness or simple usability of TreePad+. 

Recently, I've stumbled upon an app called Notion that might work for me. It's cloud-based with apps for Windows and Android, which means I can use it across machines and platforms. It supports a hierarchical structure (which I like) as well as other layouts, comes with templates, and can export to standard formats. 

You can find out more about it on Notion's site, or look at this article from MakeUsOf which describes many features of the software. 

Notion is free for personal use but offers additional features intended for teams and business use if you want to get a monthly subscription. 

No comments: