Wednesday, June 10, 2020

AudioMass, An Web-Based Audio Editor

Back in the day, when I was trading tapes of concert recordings, I often did some editing to clean up the audio. My tool of choice was Audacity, an open source audio editor, which I still have installed on my PC. Over the years, Audacity has become more powerful over the years, and it's probably overkill for many people.

I've just found out about a simpler alternative, AudioMass. Like Audacity, AudioMass is open source, but it's web-based and runs in a browser. AudioMass offers a decent selection of editing tools and effects. 

I like it a lot. The included effects are more than sufficient for my needs and despite running in a browser window, performance is quite snappy. I didn't see any options to add tracks, so you're probably not going to record a band with it, but if you just need to make some edits on a file for a podcast, it should do just fine. 

No comments: