Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Fall TV Shows and Movies Worth Watching

There will be a lot of new TV shows and movies coming out this fall. Rolling Stone has a guide to the best of the upcoming TV shows. Out of the 33 they list, there are a few that I'll probably take a look at:
  • Country Music (PBS, September 15), it's Ken Burns; that's good enough for me.
  • Criminal (Netflix, September 20). With David Tennant. 
  • Evil (CBS, September 26). X-Files meets the Catholic Church.
  • Godfather of Harlem (Epix, September 29). With Forrest Whitaker.
  • Nancy Drew (The CW, October 9). My wife will want to watch this. 
  • The Mandalorian (Disney, November 12). Star Wars live action.
  • The Crown (Netflix, November 12). For all the royals junkies. 
  • Watchmen (HBO, October). I hope it's better than the movie.
  • His Dark Materials (HBO, Fall). Maybe. 
If movies are more your thing, Gizmodo has a guide to 49 (!) horror, sci-fi, and fantasy movies coming out this fall. My standards for watching these are a lot higher than for TV shows given the cost of attending movies these days, but some of these might get my dollars:
  • Memory: The Origins of Alien. Maybe the TIFF Bell Lightbox will screen this.
  • Gemini Man. With Will Smith.
  • Terminator: Dark Fate. He's back. 
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. More Star Wars.
  • Cats. I liked the musical a lot. 

No comments: