Wednesday, February 28, 2024

ACES Guide for New Editors

I was not aware of ACES, The Society For Editing while I was working as a technical writer. I do wish I'd known about them (editing was a large part of my job) as they publish some useful resources, including a new and free Guide for New Editors (PDF link). 

Are you new to editing or transitioning to editing from another career? The ACES Guide for New Editors and accompanying list of resources are for you.

In this guide you'll be introduced to different types of editing, learn possible ways to begin your career, explore important topics editors consider in their roles (e.g., ethics, diversity and equity), gain an international perspective, and review a checklist to get started.

The ACES website has many resources for editors including their own style guide and a comprehensive list of diversity and inclusion resources. 

No comments: