Monday, April 03, 2023

Featured Links - April 3, 2023

Links to things I found interesting but didn't want to do a full blog post about.

The first flowers of the spring

  • The Best Password Managers to Secure Your Digital Life. "Keep your logins locked down with our favorite apps for PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, and web browsers.
  • Blue Origin Works Out How to Turn Moon Dust Into Solar Power. "Although our vision is technically ambitious, our technology is real now, Blue Origin says.""
  • "Predicting significant weather events a growing challenge: Shields".  'I’ve talked to other forecasters, and they say if you can forecast for Sault Ste. Marie, you can forecast anywhere,' says SooToday meteorologist Jerry Shields." Last weekend, when I was up in the Sault for my mom's funeral, they forecast 20+ cm. and got 5. This weekend, they forecast 30 cm. and got maybe 40. I would not want the forecaster's job up there.
  • China To Overtake US In Key 21st-Century Tech In 10 Years, Says Harvard Report. "The authors looked at a number of core technologies that are set to define the 21st century — artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, quantum information science (QIS), semiconductors, biotechnology, and green energy — to see how the US is faring against China in these fields."
  • New documentary explores how one Ontario man started a patriotic ketchup war. This "war" was fought with bottles, not bullets. How Canadian, eh?
  • The dark web isn't for everyone, but some of it is worth exploring. "Here are the best dark web websites worth checking out.
  • How to change the region on an HP OfficeJet printer in 57 easy steps (printer companies hate this!). "I moved across the ocean and took my printer with me. Then I discovered it was region-locked. A wiser man would have bought a new one." After reading this,  I will never buy an HP printer, and I suggest you don't either.
  • A new flu is spilling over from cows to people in the U.S. "How worried should we be?" Answer: very.
  • No comments: