Saturday, August 20, 2022

Saturday Sounds - Phish - August 5, 2022

I've been listening to and enjoying the music of Phish since the early 1990s. Like the Grateful Dead, they're a band best appreciated live. Unfortunately, I've only seen them once, way back in 2001. They played Toronto last week and I didn't go, because I hate the Budweiser Stage with a passion (it's one of the worst concert venues I've ever attended). 

So I assuage my pain by listening to some of their live recordings. Although you can buy high-quality recordings of their performances from the LivePhish.com website, the band permits fans to record their shows and there are many high-quality audience recordings floating around the internet. The recording for this week is from the Phish Archive YouTube channel and is of their August 5th performance in Atlantic City. It's a good performance and the recording quality is about as good as an audience recording gets, so it's very listenable. 

For me, highlights are Sigma Oasis > Cities > More to end the first set and Down with Disease > Ruby Waves > Down with Disease in the second set. Enjoy. 

No comments: