Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Off for a Couple of Weeks

I am back online, finally, after a 2-1/2 day power outage. On Saturday afternoon, we got hit by a major windstorm (a derecho), knocking out power to many areas here. It was the worst storm I've seen here, by far, and it was worse north of us, in Uxbridge, and in Ottawa. I took this picture just before I grabbed the dog and headed for the basement.



Power to much of our neighbourhood came back briefly Saturday evening but had to be cut off again because trees fallen on power lines were catching on fire. Our neighbours three houses over had a tree down in their backyard dragging the power line down to the ground. The other side of the street got power restored Saturday evening, which was good as we could get food, but we didn't get ours back until last evening when Elexicon finally showed up to remove the tree and restore the lines to our side of the street.



We were able to save most of the contents of our freezers by buying some bags of ice, then taking the food over to Nancy's mom's house. Most of the contents of the two fridges have to be tossed. At least the freezers are now defrosted and cleaned.

However, we now have a lot more to do, in a period where we were already busier than usual. We have been helping my daughter and her husband move into their house and they are having their wedding reception this weekend. (They got married last year, but couldn't have the big party they wanted because of COVID-19 restrictions). Along with that, we have our anniversary, my son's birthday, and my mom is in the hospital after a fall. 

So, I'm putting the blog on hold until mid-June. I just don't have the time right now to deal with it, much as I would like to. 

Enjoy the spring and I'll see you in June.




No comments: