Saturday, February 05, 2022

Saturday Sounds - Dream Master by Bill Hughes

Today's Saturday Sounds is an album that I am sure that very few readers of this blog have heard of: Dream Master by Bill Hughes, released in 1979. Hughes was originally a member of the Christian folk group, Lazarus, who recorded two very pleasant albums in the early 1970s and had a couple of minor hits before breaking up. He went on to a solo career and I saw him perform several times in Hamilton later in the 70s. 

After getting a major label contract, he recorded Dream Master. I have never understood why he was not a huge star on the order of Chris Cross, but it never happened, and his musical career took other paths. He died, if memory serves, sometime in the 1990s, much too young. 

Dream Master is a very listenable album and still has a place in my heart after more than 40 years. I particularly recommend "Only Your Heart Can Say" and "Only Love", which I guarantee you be humming a week after hearing it. 

No comments: