Monday, June 21, 2021

Toronto Symphony Orchestra 2021/22 Season

I had a phone call from the Toronto Symphony Orchestra last week, trying to get me to subscribe to a concert package or to donate. Unfortunately, I can't afford that, though I will consider going to some of the concerts if I can get tickets at a reasonable price. 

The 2021/22 season has been announced and it looks promising. They are doing many Canadian and world premieres and more new music as well as pieces from the standard repertoire. I noted two concerts in particular that I'd be interested in. One has Copland's Appalachian Spring. (I don't know if it will be the chamber orchestra version or the full symphonic suite. I prefer the former, but I would go anyway). The other is Stravinsky's Firebird

The full program is up on their website if you want to check it out.

 

No comments: