Monday, February 22, 2021

A Scenic Tour of Algoma

I grew up in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (generally known as 'The Sault' or even 'The Soo', and even though I've lived elsewhere all of my adult life, I still miss the north. This blog post will give you an idea of why; it's a beautiful part of the world. 

The article describes several key attractions in the Sault, including the Bush Plane Museum, the Agawa Canyon train ride, and driving north from the Sault on Highway 17. Even if you don't read the article, check out the photos - there's a reason the Group of Seven painted so many pictures in the Algoma region around the Sault.



I will second their recommendation of the Voyageur Lodge and Cookhouse on Batchewana Bay; the whitefish tacos are worth the trip to the Sault all by themselves.

No comments: