Thursday, January 07, 2021

Using Twitter Without An Account

I use Twitter a lot. I've found it indispensable for keeping up with current news and some niche topics, and following what's going on with some favourite authors. Many of the posts on this blog are based on things I found on Twitter. However, some people avoid Twitter, either because of privacy concerns, or because they worry about online harassment. 

As this article points out, you can use Twitter without having a Twitter account. There are limitations on what you can do (obviously, you can't post tweets), but you can still do quite a lot. For example, you can:

  • Follow trending topics (using a third-party site)
  • Search to find content on Twitter
  • Read tweets from a particular user
  • Follow Twitter lists
Personally, if I had to choose between keeping Facebook and keeping Twitter, I'd keep Twitter. If you are careful in how you set it up and who you follow, it can be extremely useful. 

No comments: