Tuesday, August 20, 2024

A Lost Musical Treasure Found

I have just resolved something that, if not quite a bucket list item, has been bugging me for years. When I was in university, I worked at the student radio station, as both a DJ and assistant manager. I remember playing a song that I thought was called "Ante Aviator". Despite many searches, I was never able to find it.

Well, thank you Google. When I searched today on "Ante Aviator" it came back with: Did you mean: "Auntie Aviator" by Beverley and John Martyn?

BINGO!

And it is just as atmospheric and lovely as I remember it. After more than 50 years, I still remember the chorus. 

Zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom

I'll never let you down

Zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom

We'll never touch the ground

And if we don't want to we won't come down

 I don't remember much of the rest of the album, though I will listen to it with fresh ears, but this track is a joy.

No comments: