Saturday, May 11, 2024

Saturday Sounds - Kamasi Washington - Fearless Movement

I've been a fan of Kamasi Washington ever since hearing his first album, The Epic, almost a decade ago, and saw him perform once in the Before Times. He played in Toronto earlier in the week but it was at a standing only venue (History) and despite how much I would like to see him (or anyone else for that matter), there's no way I can handle standing on a cement floor for several hours for a concert.

So I have to console myself with listening to his excellent new album, Fearless Movement. Like most of his work so far, it's an eclectic mix of jazz, rap, hip hop, rock, and orchestral music. My only complaint is that there isn't enough of his playing in the mix, but what's there is excellent. 

If you want to sample just one track, try Road to Self (KO)


No comments: