Thursday, April 18, 2024

A Couple of Useful Sites for Microsoft Word Users

Now that I'm retired, I don't use Microsoft Word as much as I did when I was working, when I sometimes would be spending entire days working with it (and sometimes against it). The last version I used at work was Word 2013; I'm now using the version that comes with Microsoft 365, which has many new features compared to Word 2013. 

For a several years, I subscribed to the WordTips Newsletter and bought some of their collections of tips and macros. I generally don't need to dig that deep into Word's idiosyncrasies now, but when I do the WordTips site has many useful articles that cover most of Word's features. If you're still using an older (pre-ribbon) version of Word, there's a separate site for help with those versions. (I would not recommend that these days because of security concerns; you would be better off switching to Libre Office). 

I am tempted to subscribe to WordTips again, just out of curiousity. 


No comments: