Saturday, April 06, 2024

Saturday Sounds - Led Zeppelin at Knebworth 1979

One of the regrets of my concert-going life is that I never got to see Led Zeppelin. I almost did in 1970. The brother of one of my university residence friends had a bunch of tickets to see them in Montreal and a some of us were going to take the train to Montreal to see them. Unfortunately, my friend decided to leave early and hitchhike there and got killed on the highway by a drunk driver. 

So this week's music treat is a tribute to Jim Hawley who died much to young around this time in 1970. It's a video of Led Zeppelin's concert at Knebworth in 1979. It's pro shot so my guess is that it was filmed either for a concert movie or TV broadcast. The sound is a bit thin but quite listenable and the performance is vintage Zep. Enjoy.


No comments: