Monday, October 02, 2023

Movie and TV Reviews - September 2023

Short reviews of movies and TV shows I watched in September.

Movies 

  • Elemental: I didn't like this as much as Turning Red, which we watched last month. The animation was spectacular, and often quite trippy, but the story didn't click with me. But I'm hardly their target audience. (Disney+)

TV Shows

  • Silent Witness (seaons 24-26): We are still watching and enjoying this show, though I did not like season 25 and the beginning of season 26 as much, because it turned into a political thriller instead of a police/forensic procedural, although the last episodes of season 26 were quite good. (Amazon Prime)
  • Antiques Road Trip (season 23): Still watching and enjoying this. The trip though Wales was especially interesting.
  • The Wheel of Time (seasaon 2): The second season of this show is much more interesting than the first season, now that the characters and background have been established. 
  • Ashoka: I don't think this is the best of the Star Wars live action series so far, but it is revealing some interesting details about the Jedi.  (Disney+)
  • Foundation (season 2): This show bears little relation to the Isaac Asimov series that inspired it. I didn't like the first season very much, but the second season has gotten off to a better start, though I'm still finding the storyline hard to follow.

No comments: