Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Core Dump is 20

Today is the 20th anniversary of my first post on Core Dump. At the time, I said:

I don’t know how frequent posts will be here. I’ve not been very good at updating my web site recently, but it should be easier to keep this up to date.

I guess it was easier, because since then I've made several thousand posts and written what is probably the equivalent of a novel or two.

Core Dump started out in Blogger. After a few years, I switched over to a self-hosted WordPress blog, which is still up on my website. After retiring in 2018, I set up the current version of the blog back on Blogger.  

I'm not sure where I will go from here. I like WordPress more than Blogger but I don't want to self-host a new version of the blog. If I switch back to WordPress, I will probably do it on WordPress.com and will likely have to use a paid version, and I'm not sure I want to incur the expense. We'll see. 

I do intend to keep blogging, though I may not be here every day. I enjoy writing and over time the blog has become a useful resource. I do often go back to it to look things up; it's become my own personal Wikipedia.

Readership is not high, usually less than 100 visitors a day, assuming I can believe Google's stats (which are not always reliable due to referrer spam). It would be good if more people commented on posts, as that would encourage me to post more, so if you like what I'm doing here, please let me know. 

No comments: