Saturday, June 10, 2023

Saturday Sounds - Pink Floyd - BBC Recordings 1967-1971

Although Pink Floyd is best known for Dark Side of The Moon, they released several albums before that huge hit. I think their music went downhill after Dark Side, and their early material deserves more attention. I was an avid fan of their music when I was in university, and the last concert I saw while at school was an amazing performance by Pink Floyd at Ford Auditorium in Detroit in April 1972.  

Like many other bands, Pink Floyd performed many times for the BBC and there are a couple of compilations of their performances which I'm linking to here.

The first is from 1967 through 1969.

The second is from 1970 and 1971.

 

If you aren't familiar with their pre-DSOTM material, this is a good place to start.

No comments: