Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Radio Garden Update

A couple of years ago I posted about Radio Garden, a website that lets you play radio stations from anywhere around the world just by pointing to that location on a map. It's a cool site, but I find it somewhat awkward to navigate.

At the time of my original post, I noted that there were Android and IOS apps but didn't look at the Android app. Big mistake. The Android app is wonderful and much easier to use than the web-based version. 

As well as just playing a station, the app gives you the location and the title of the song that's playing. You can also see a list of stations in the area and ones that a popular in the country. You can also search for places and radio stations and save them as favourites. There are in-app adds but I haven't found them to be too obtrusive.

I've added this to my media folder and will be using it when I want to listen to some random music. It's fun to listen to stations halfway around the world. 

Thanks to Dwight Silverman for the tip about the Android app.

No comments: