Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday Sounds - Mark Knopler - Milan 2019

This week we have a rather pleasant concert from Mark Knopfler. I've enjoyed his music since Dire Straits in the 80s. Brothers in Arms was one of the first CDs I bought and it still holds up pretty well. About 10 years ago, I won tickets to see him in Toronto. It was an excellent concert with a crackerjack band and good sound. His performance of "Romeo and Juliet" was one of the most beautiful things I've heard at a big rock concert and earned him a well-deserved standing ovation. 

This video seems to be a mix of pro- and fan-shot recording from multiple cameras. The sound is good, I'm guessing from a soundboard. The setlist spans Knopfler's career from Dire Straits and on, the band is more than capable of doing justice to the songs, and Knopfler hits all the right notes. It's a good concert and I wish I could have been there. 

No comments: