Friday, February 10, 2023

Saturday Sounds - James Keelaghan and David Woodhead - February 9, 2023

I was lying in bed Thursday night idly browsing Facebook and saw a post from James Keelaghan saying that his gig in British Columbia was being streamed live. That kept Nancy and I awake for an hour for the first set of his show at the Duncan Showroom. It was an excellent performance made even more enjoyable by the accompaniment of multi-instrumentalist David Woodhead

If you aren't familiar with Keelaghan's music, I can't recommend it highly enough. Nancy and I first saw him at Harbourfront in 1986. Since then, we've seen him perform at least twenty times and have enjoyed every performance. His songs have been a soundtrack to our life for almost 40 years now.  And do check out David Woodhead's music. He's an extraordinarily talented musician and is one of the best bass players I've ever seen. 

The Duncan Showroom show has two sets. Sound and video are excellent as is the performance. I wish I had been there in person. 


No comments: