Friday, May 15, 2020

Broken Picture Links

Google has been updating Blogger recently. At the beginning of the month, they updated the Dashboard page and last week they updated the Post Edit page. I'm happy with the updates, especially that of the Post Edit page, but there are a few glitches. 

One of them breaks image links. The image appears to be fine but after publication, the link breaks. I thought they had fixed it earlier this week, but apparently not. So for now, I won't be using any images in my posts, until I find a workaround or they announce a fix. 

The other glitch (I won't call it a bug because it may be working as designed, in which case it's bad design) strips out all formatting from the HTML view. I usually work in the standard edit view, but every once in a while I need to go into the HTML to tweak something, and that makes using the HTML view very difficult. 


No comments: