Saturday, June 15, 2024

Saturday Sounds - Drive-by Truckers, 2023/08/10 - The Atlantis, Washington DC

Out of all the acts I would like to see perform live, the top three are probably Drive-by Truckers, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets, and Richard Thompson (preferably with his electric band). So it was with some elation that I recently scored tickets to see Drive-by Truckers at the Danforth Music Hall in October. This will be the first time I'll have seen them live. 

Now, in one of those bizarre coincidences that sometimes make me wonder if the universe is not only uncaring but malicious, Richard Thompson announced a Toronto date for his fall tour, and it's the same night that I'm going to see Drive-by Truckers. I'll just have to console myself by remembering that I've seem Thompson perform many times, both solo and with his band. was with his band in Toronto on a very cold December night in 2018. 

I would post a recent Thompson concert if I could find a good-quality one that was more recent than the Shrewsbury video that I already mentioned in the post linked above. 

Instead, here's decent audience recording of Drive-by Truckers concert from 2023.  Video is from a fixed camera, so steady. I haven't listened to the whole performance yet, but what I've heard is making me glad that I will finally be seeing them. 


No comments: