Tuesday, September 13, 2022

A Good Magnifier App for Android

Being very nearsighted, one of the things I use my phone for is as a magnifier. Samsung has a good magnifier widget for its phones, which I used quite happily when I had a Samsung phone. Unfortunately, Google hasn't seen fit to include one for its Pixel phones.

When I got my Pixel 4a, I used an app that was called (I think) Simple Magnifier, but it hadn't been updated in quite a while and eventually I had to uninstall it. I used the camera app when I needed a magnifier (usually at least once a day) but that isn't really a satisfactory option.

I started searching again for new magnifier app and found this article that reviews eight of them. I wanted something free with basic features; I don't need fancy options like colour filters. I finally settled on an app called Reading Glasse-Free and Ad-Free. It's quite basic with just a slider for the zoom and a button to turn on the flashlight, but it suits my needs. 


Note that this is not the Reading Glasses app that's described in the article. I had intended to download that one but got the wrong app. However, based on the review, I prefer this one for its simplicity.


No comments: