Saturday, April 10, 2021

Letterpress Printing Videos

It's been a while since I posted anything about printing technology, so here's a link to the YouTube channel of Jukebox Print. They're a Toronto company specializing in things like high-end business cards, stickers, letterheads, and many custom printed products. (I noticed that they're located just down the street from where I had my first job after I moved to Toronto. I wish I'd known about them then). 

The videos on their channel are pr0n for printing geeks like me. Watch this one as they how create an embossed business card with three different colours of foil (including edge foil!) on a 1960's letterpess. 

Thanks to BoingBoing for pointing this one out.

High-end letterpress printing is demonstrated in all of its glory on the Jukebox Print YouTube channel. Jukebox is a high-end custom business card printer in Canada.

Each video on their channel, shot in their letterpress department, is usually close to 30 minutes long and takes you through the entire process of 5-color letterpress printing, foil printing, gilding, die-cut printing, and more.

And for printer enthusiasts, their beautiful shop, filled with old, well-oiled and maintained Heidelberg presses, is to die for.


1 comment:

packhit said...

Such a great blog i like it very much keep up the good work.
Cream box manufacturer usa