Friday, December 20, 2019

Videos from an Astounding 90 Years of Analog Symposium

City Tech, the New York City College of Technology, CUNY recently held a symposium titled "An Astounding 90 Years of Analog Science Fiction and Fact". From their website:
It was a great success! We had over 100 attendees comprised of scholars, writers, editors, fans, and City Tech students and faculty. The partnership between Analog Science Fiction and Fact and City Tech helped the event grow and reach new audiences, and the combination of scholarly presentations, an editors’ roundtable, and writers events–a writers’ roundtable and the keynote by SF writer Mike Flynn made the event speak in powerful and engaging ways to the many different attendees.
Were I living in New York, I'd definitely have attended, but I'll have to settle for the videos of the talks and Q&A sessions, which they've very kindly put up on their website for fans of Analog to view. I count myself among them; discovering Analog (and back issues of Astounding) was one of the high points of my teenage years. 

No comments: