Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A Quick Way to Dodge and Burn in Lightroom

Many years ago, I learned how to print my photos in a darkroom, including how to dodge and burn an exposure to get more detail in light and dark areas, though I have to admit that I never used the technique much. Now, with digitial photography, techniques that took hours of experimentation in a darkroom are trivially simple to do on a computer using tools like Adobe's Photoshop and Lightroom.

Here's an article about a simple technique for dodging and burning in Adobe Lighroom, explained by Photographer and educator Serge Ramelli. It does look like it could be a real time saver. I'm posting it here mostly so I can find it again later, but if you are a digital photographer and use Lightroom, you should take a look at it.


No comments: